A view of the Crown City Billiards Academy in session
What you'll learn with Crown City Billiards Academy:
- Rules, Etiquette, and The History of Billiards
- Sound, Solid Fundamentals, & Stance
- Correct Stroking Method & Proper Grip Technique
- The Physics of the Billiard Sports
- Optimal Position Play
- Proper Practicing Technique
- Mastery of the Mental Game
- Strategy & Game Theory (all billiard games)
- Superior Breaking Techniques & Strategies (all games)
- Advanced Aiming Techniques/Systems
- PAT and iPAT Systems Specialist!
About the Billiards Academy Training Facility
The 9-foot Brunswick Gold Crown I pool table at Crown City Billiards Academy
Crown City Billiards Academy, is located in beautiful Pasadena, California. Neighboring such prestigious institutions of learning as the California Institute of Technology (CalTec), the Art Center College of Design, and Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts.
Our training area (22' x 18') features - 6' of space around the entire table with several spectator chairs for comfortable seating.
- 9-Foot Brunswick Gold Crown I (circa early 1960's), prepared to California Pro Tour Specifications (4" pockets) and professionally assembled/serviced by top professional billiards mechanic/player Ernesto “Chihuahua” Dominguez.
- Artemis K-66 Profile Rubber Rails
- Simonis 860-HR Billiards Cloth
- Brunswick Centennials Ballset with Aramith Pro Cup Cue Ball (other cue balls available upon request).
- Delta-13, Magic Rack Pro, Sardo M-5000, and Slug-Doctor Racking Systems.
- Kamui, Blue Diamond, NIR, Triangle, and Master Chalks available.
- Two Custom 8' overhead light assemblies - a total of eight (8) 4' high-intensity flourescent bulbs with light diffusion technology!
- Two 4’x8’ Skylights for maximum visibility.
Guest Instructor, Nick Varner, teaching at Crown City Billiards Academy
- BreakRak Deluxe
- SpeeTrac X Radar Break Speed Detection system
- Extensive book, video (VHS and DVD), and CD lending library.
- Mirrored-Wall Body and Stroke Alignment Tool
- 67” Dry-Erase White Board Diagramming Tool
- iPAT and Jim Rempe Training Ball(s)
- Ball Star Billiard Ball Cleaning Machine
* Individual (Al la Carte) Training Session or PAT Testing Session (2 hours).PAT/iPAT Session includes a take home workbook and DVD (if applicable), in total, over a $230 value! - Tuition: $200 (new students) and $100 (recurring students).
* One Month Intensive PAT Training Package - Five (5) weekly sessions to include: Introduction/baseline PAT Testing and evaluation session (2hrs), three (3) weekly 60 minute tuning sessions, and a final test/evaluation session (2hrs). A take home workbook and DVD (if applicable) is included, in total, 7 hours of instruction time at over a $700 value! - Tuition: $600 (new students), $500 (continuing students). Schedule subject to availability.
* Group Instruction (6 persons max.) - $200 per hour at 3 hours minimum
* Special Guest Instructional Clinics – Prices Vary
*A minimum of 24 hours notice of cancellation is required for all booked appointments. A nominal fee will apply to cancellations or "no shows" without proper notice.